Well, after a good long while I’ve taken the plunge and moved from my old dynamic site to a static content driven site.
I did this for a few reasons but one of the more important was security. The old site relyed on php and a RDBMS in the background to host the content and no matter how many safegards I put up, it always made me un-easy.
Now with the new site, the page loads should be faster and the navigation should be slightly easier. I’ve also removed the comments for a little while as well. I greatly enjoyed hearing from viewers but bots were constantly trying to post and it was getting tiring to filter them out.