Recently I came across a Windows Server 2008 R2 stuck in recovery mode after reboot.
Booting with a Windows 2008 R2 recovery DVD, the following steps allowed the machine to boot normally.
- Put the Windows Server 2008 R2 installation disc in the disc drive, and then start the computer.
- Press any key when the message indicating "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD …". appears.
- Select a language, time, currency, and a keyboard or another input method. Then click Next.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click Next.
- In the System Recovery Options dialog box, click Command Prompt.
- Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press ENTER. </0l>
If that does not work.Then